Tuesday 22 November 2016

“What do you think, should I have educated them that I was in fact wearing something called a strapless bra?” Shocked? Read on…


I am wearing a denim slip dress teamed with my all time favorite denim button down shirt for an all-denim look of the day! In my last post I did mention about my love for velvet slip dresses and I am seriously dying to do the layering with one of them. But alas, the weather is still not appropriate for much of layering. So, it just the slip dress for now!!
denim-slip-dress-6
denim-slip-dress-4
Ever since I have started doing my photo shoots in Guwahati, a city I live in currently, I have been going through weird experiences! First those experiences affected me but now I kind of get amused by all the reactions of the people I see around. Today a group of kids (yes kids, probably 9-12 years of age!) started passing lewd comments from far when we were doing our photo shoot in a small village on outskirts of the city. They said I wasn’t wearing a bra as they couldn’t see any bra! I couldn’t think of a way to even react.

What do you think, should I have educated them that I was in fact wearing something called a strapless bra?

Would it have been a wrong decision if I had called them and told them about all the different kinds of bras that exist in the world so next time they do not pass similar comments at another girl wearing a strappy dress? I have no clue what should I have done. So obviously we just ignored them and went ahead with our photo shoot.
denim-slip-dress-3
denim-slip-dress-2
All my fellow blogger friends suggested that I should be as thick-skinned as possible while going about doing my photo shoots in public and ignore any negative experience of this kind. I have taken their good advice and have started doing exactly that. But sometimes some experiences become worth sharing. With adults passing comments at me, I know what to think and how to react. But kids already getting into the zone of becoming potential eve-teasers and what not, I really doubt where we are heading as a society.

I am not a social reformer, never intended to be one. My blog is entirely about fashion and lifestyle and will always remain so.

But such tiny incidents of everyday life are sometimes disturbing when I try to think about the bigger picture and problems they might lead in the future.
denim-slip-dress-1
Anyways, life moves on and so does my blog. From now onward I will be including a shopping guide with all my look posts so that my readers from across the world can shop whatever they like from the outfits I share. I always mention the brands from where I shop my clothes and accessories but most often my readers outside India find it difficult to get those products as they are mostly from Indian brands and flea markets. I hope this shopping list will help you shop for items that you love from my look posts. If you ever need any other info about the clothes and accessories I wear, please leave a comment or shoot me a mail. I always love helping people out! 🙂
Outfit Details 
Dress : Zaful / Shirt : New Look / Shoes : Wet Seal / Choker : Koovs / Sunglasses and Ear Studs : Local Shops in India
Shop my Look

2 comments:

  1. I am shocked to read your posts. if those kids have sick thinking now what will happen to them when these will grow up

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *